1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sw Florida Swap..... October 3, 2009....

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by magikchick, Aug 7, 2009.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Starting to get things togeather to do another swap here. I was thinking the last weekend in Sept. or the first weekend in Oct. Should have cooled down some by then. Let me know which would be better for everyone.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I've got standard cochins in the bator and some frizzled bantams that are really cute. Also a few mixed chicks that make great pets.

So Sept. 26th or Oct. 3 is what I'm looking at. Of couse I'm open for what ever date the most people can make it.

3. silentrunning

silentrunning Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    I'm in. The later date woule probably be better. Like you say it might be a bit cooler and the rains might have let up by then.

Doug

4. Knight Hawk Ranch

Knight Hawk Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Labelle, Florida
    Let me know when the date is.

5. Firefly1v

Firefly1v Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    FL
    Right now any Saturday 9/26 or later, other than 10/10, is good for us.

6. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    let me know when...I might stroll down! Where will it be held at? Oct would be cool!!!!

7. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I think the first weekend in October is opening weekend of dove season....[​IMG]

8. Swamp Roo

Swamp Roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    SW FL
    I MAY have a project out of town for a few days in the latter half of Sept. But that is not a lock in nor are the dates of it (Yeah, I know Captain Vague here [​IMG]). Should not be a problem in October though. I have some Blue and some Black Orpington cockerels that I need to find a home for ($15 ea). I'll not send them to freezer camp if someone is interested. Nice birds. One started to crow the other day. I could have some Coturnix/eggs as well if someone wants.

Swamp

9. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Yay finally one in southwest Florida I'm in fort myers where would it be at exactly?

10. silentrunning

silentrunning Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    Quote:I definitely am going to be up for 2 pullet Cochins. Also 2 Leghorn would be nice. I'm still kicking myself for not buying that Seabrite (spelling?) trio last time. [​IMG]

Doug

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by