SW Mo. want to buy

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by guesswhosechickens, Dec 16, 2011.

1. guesswhosechickens

guesswhosechickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2011
    SW Missouri (Crane)
    I'm interested in any kind of heritage turkey breeds We just lost our blue slate gobbler last night, reasons unknown. He was a healthy and pretty tame 1 1/2 yr old bird. Now we just have his 2 hens and looking for replacement. We got a really great deal on the trio from the Amish in Seymour. But thats a long drive and no certainty of them even being home with no way to contact them. And as far as chickens go anything really. We have mostly ameracaunas. I like to buy in quanity (pullets and hens mostly) not trios or pairs. I do not want to purchase chicks( t much hasle) What chicks we have we hatch ourselves and seldom buy. And would like to get into guineas haven't had any of them. I will not buy over priced birds. I have been buying and selling for awhile and know good prices and bad ones. Example: A trio of 8 month old bourbon reds for $135.00./ Barred rocks 8 one year old hens, four 3 1/2 yr old hens, 2 roosters $180.00. I mean unless these birds lay golden eggs I am not interested. I enjoy our chickens and turkeys but I would not try and sell overpriced flock. I would like to see in person or pics before I buy. I am willing to drive distances to obtain good birds. You may contact me thru this site and i will contact you back. thanks J. Guess

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by