SW Ohio--Free Red Roo is crowing! Needs new home ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lady_irish, Jun 21, 2009.

1. lady_irish

lady_irish In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2008
    SW Ohio
    I have two roos (they were supposed to be hens [​IMG] ) that need a new home before they start crowing! They're reds (that's the only identification I have for them). Very pretty! Real friendly, unless your toes are showing! They really love to nibble! They're 10weeks old June22. I'm in SW Ohio. Thanks, all!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. TexasVet

TexasVet Songster

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    You'll have better luck if you put your location in the title of the post. Good luck!

Kathy, Bellville TX
    www.CountryChickens.com

3. lady_irish

Jun 24, 2008
    SW Ohio
    Thanks for the suggestion, Kathy! Done!

4. lady_irish

Jun 24, 2008
    SW Ohio
    *bump* The Roo is still available! He's a purdy boy and I wish I could keep him. But, alas, I'm in-town and cannot. He is free!

5. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Songster

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I am 15046 in PA, not sure how far away that is from you. If I took him though he may well turn into dinner. I could also give you a pullet for him if you want one, or sell you a few of them if you still are in want of hens.

Good day [​IMG]

6. lady_irish

Jun 24, 2008
    SW Ohio
    According to mapquest, you're about 4hrs from me. I could go with trading you supper for a hen! I'd eat him myself, but I absolutely HATE dressing birds. Ugh. Did it as a child and didn't enjoy it then either. *sigh* Lemme know if you'd like to go ahead. We could meet halfway and trade, if you'd like? I'm 45385 in OH for your own reference.

7. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Songster

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    As for pullets/hens.

You can take a look at My BYC for sale chicken page. Knock the prices down to five dollars. Or you could take a black E.E pullet and her freind Peico (Peico has an leg issue and hobbles around the yard) the two chicks are attacked at the hip, and I would hate to see them separated. Peico is a Silkie/OEGB cross and a pullet as well. I also have a three-four week old black E.E that I think is a hen.

As for the travel, I will have to talk to my mom or sister, as I can't drive. I know that we head up to Ohio around once a month, so maybe we can plan it then. I will get back to you shortly. August 15th would be my guess as to when we are coming up next.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  8. lady_irish

Jun 24, 2008
    SW Ohio
    That sounds good! Just lemme know when ya'll be out here and we can set up a swap of sorts!

9. hollandmum

hollandmum In the Brooder

May 14, 2009
    Chardon
    Try craigslist - if you are offering him for free you might get a few responses. I had some luck with this, and managed to find homes not cooking pots for them

good luck!

10. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Songster

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    We will be coming up sometime in September, I will let you know when closer to the date. It will most likely be on a Friday at Roger's Flea Market.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: