SW VA Kuku House

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vthokie, Jul 27, 2013.

1. vthokie

vthokie In the Brooder

Jul 27, 2013
    SW VA
    Hi BYC Community! I've used this awesome community for weeks of research before we got our new and first hatchlings on July 23, 2013! This 'family' of chicken owners is a priceless commodity for new and old chicken owners alike.

Excellent example:

Today, I awoke to find my six day old Light Brahma unbalanced and lethargic. She wasn't eating, drinking, playing, but just sitting. When she did try to get moving, it took a lot of effort and ended up falling to her side. Then I went to visit my new best friend "The Search Bar of BYC forums." My diagnosis after reading countless threads was that she has cocci. Off to TSC I go in search of Corid, the miracle cocci drug.

Found it, bought it, asked new best friend for correct dosage, mixed it, eye dropped into her mouth, and gave the rest of the flock Corid magic. She seems to be more responsive. Still a little bit wobbly, but she actually ventured from the Ecoglow [amazing product BTW] to eat feed and some mashed egg.

Only time will tell if she will get better, but it's great to know that there is such a wonderful community of chicken owners with a vast amount of knowledge. My hope one day is to be able to contribute in some way, thank you thank you BYC, today you've SAVED the day!

Howard.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Crowing Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Songster

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome....so glad you joined BYC

Glad you found the helpful info you needed in a quick fashion too. Hope your little girl improves. I have never lost a one yet that was eating boiled eggs. They are a miracle cure too in my opinion. Good luck to you

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Hope your chicks gets better soon!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Glad you have found BYC to be a valuable resource! Good luck to you and your flock!

6. vthokie

vthokie In the Brooder

Jul 27, 2013
    SW VA
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Redsoxs: Handsome chocolate lab you got there. Our chocolate will be 6 months old soon and can't wait to take her on runs.

Howard.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I love chocolate labs too

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Wow Howard, thanks for the great post and nice comments! We really appreciate it when members take the time to share these great experiences!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by