1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SW Virginia?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ki4got, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    I've seen tons of posts from people in north/east Virginia, I'm wondering who is in SW Virginia... I'm in the Roanoke area myself and looking to see if anyone is nearer to me.

2. Jkturnerpl

Jkturnerpl New Egg

Oct 2, 2011
    Hello, I'm in Rocky Mount. I've got several different kinds of chicken. I have been trying to get contacts with others who have chickens.

3. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Hi! [​IMG] I'm in Bassett, a little over an hour from Roanoke. I love to go shopping in Roanoke, as our bookstore closed, and Roanoke has those 2 Barnes and Noble stores. [​IMG]

I've got Gold Brabanters, various large fowl Cochins (8 weeks old - from an order of lemon blue project birds), a pair of Quail Old English Game Bantams, and various other bantams and layers.

Are you looking for some more chickens? I can help! [​IMG] I've got some extra large fowl cochin roosters (8 weeks old) and a few bantams (various breeds and crosses, hens and roosters) that I'd like to find homes for. I also have a year barnyard mix rooster (he's colombian patterned).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by