1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Swan Mini Lake..... hehe

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by chickenzoo, Nov 13, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

Using some info from this site I built a 10 X 16 temporary lake until we can build a pond at our new farm..... Here is Rio & Meera testing it out.
    They are my handicapped Swans so i have a makeshift ramp for them... hehe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tango waiting his turn....

[​IMG]

These 2 i haven't named yet..... the female follows me and sleeps on my back porch...... ?

[​IMG]

Cashew & Tango with my Egyptian female in toe...

[​IMG]

my male Egyptian

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Beautiful!! [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Beautiful! [​IMG]

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Thanks... I really enjoy them. [​IMG]

5. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:Are they hardy?

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Are they hardy?

The Black swans, I believe so. I live in FL but I know of others up north that have them with no problems.

7. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Pretty birds. Thanks for sharing.

8. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    They are beautiful birds. I hear that black swans tend to be more friendly than mute swans. I would like to raise some one day. And, yes, I hear they are winter hardy.

I am glad to see you and your whole flock are adjusting well to the new farm. I'm sure it has been a lot of work.

That rooster in the background with the 2 not yet named swans looks giant or else the swans are not a large as fully grown mute swans!

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I known mine are very friendly.... I have a female( from the pic with the chicken) that didn't like me when she was a baby but in the last 2 months decided that she loves me.... She is sitting on my back porch looking in my door window, not understanding why she can't come in and why I won't let her practice nest building on the door matt. [​IMG] She also follows me around the yard. I have Tango, who I call the tattle tale as he comes to me and tells me who is being bad. [​IMG] I have 2 sets of 2 year olds and one set of last seasons. The rooster , Chubaka is pretty big, but I do not believe they get as big as the Mutes.

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I love your set up! Your swans are great but I LOVE that Egyptian Goose [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by