Swan Mini Lake..... hehe

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
7205_swanlake1.jpg

Using some info from this site I built a 10 X 16 temporary lake until we can build a pond at our new farm..... Here is Rio & Meera testing it out.
They are my handicapped Swans so i have a makeshift ramp for them... hehe

7205_swan_lake_2.jpg

7205_tango.jpg

Tango waiting his turn....

7205_swans_stealingfeeder.jpg

These 2 i haven't named yet..... the female follows me and sleeps on my back porch...... ?

7205_tango_cashew_negy.jpg

Cashew & Tango with my Egyptian female in toe...

7205_white_egy_1.jpg

my male Egyptian

They are beautiful birds. I hear that black swans tend to be more friendly than mute swans. I would like to raise some one day. And, yes, I hear they are winter hardy.

I am glad to see you and your whole flock are adjusting well to the new farm. I'm sure it has been a lot of work.

That rooster in the background with the 2 not yet named swans looks giant or else the swans are not a large as fully grown mute swans!

I known mine are very friendly.... I have a female( from the pic with the chicken) that didn't like me when she was a baby but in the last 2 months decided that she loves me.... She is sitting on my back porch looking in my door window, not understanding why she can't come in and why I won't let her practice nest building on the door matt.
lol.png
She also follows me around the yard. I have Tango, who I call the tattle tale as he comes to me and tells me who is being bad.
big_smile.png
I have 2 sets of 2 year olds and one set of last seasons. The rooster , Chubaka is pretty big, but I do not believe they get as big as the Mutes.

I love your set up! Your swans are great but I LOVE that Egyptian Goose
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom