Swap gone bad~

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by momof247371, Apr 11, 2009.

1. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I had an egg swap go very very badly, it was my first one too. [​IMG]
    I had the whole story on here but was told i could get in trouble for it, eventhough i didnt name names.. [​IMG] So i edited it...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Humm not going to be much help, but I guess it is a learning experience for us all when things like this happen. I have never done a swap, but have ordered alot of hatching eggs on here and have never had a problem (Thank goodness). I could see how upset I would be if I were in your place. I believe the only thing I can think of is in the future if you are planning a swap maybe it could be a new post, like guess what I am swapping X eggs for X eggs from this BYC member or The brother of This BYC member I am so excited. THat way you can update it with info like I sent my eggs today blabla bla, then it could have went still haven't got my eggs but they should be here soon ect ect ect. That way the person is more likely to send your eggs. I know this was long and kinda weird, its late I haven't slept much in 2 days. Hope THe BYC member talks to his brother and gets you your eggs. I know you can't say bad things about others on here but PM's work wonders to other member (not sure if that is against the rules either though). Maybe talk to a Moderator.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Sorry that this happened to you momof. I'd be upset too.
    I don't think you are supposed to be bringing this to the forum. PM a moderator for help with this.
    Good luck.

Imp- I suspect this thread will disappear. [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    let me know who it is so i dont buy eggs off his brother, please.

5. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    LOL is what I was thinking.

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I would like if you would PM me the BYC member's name also. I buy and swap a LOT of eggs, good ones and I am generous in my swaps. I would hate to get taken by someone so dishonest.

7. momof247371

Feb 18, 2009
    I would but.. i just found out that i can get into big trouble for even talking about it...I can get into trouble with the moderators, they will delete my post, if i didnt edit it. what happened to freedom of speech and being able to look out for others!
    O by the way i am still looking for call duck and silky duck eggs that i dont have to give my arm, leg, and first born for......

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    you can PM people...just not make it public...

9. momof247371

Feb 18, 2009
    r u sure????? Cause i am new here and i really hope to have a good experience here. i dont wanna screw that up cause of somehting like this....

10. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

well did u try to contact the person that u was sopose to swap with? :\\ maybe something happened to them.. hey its happend to me. lol well i hope all goes well, but internet is sneeky, i guess all i can truthfully say is live and learn i guess [​IMG] it does suck tho :\\

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by