Swap Meet - Charlotte Michigan - April 26

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by vicki2x2, Mar 4, 2008.

1. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Hi,

The Small Animal Association (4-H) is holding a swap meet at the Eaton County Fairgrounds on April 26, 2008 between 8 am - 2 pm. Sellers fee is $15, buyers are free! lol Camping available. There will be a awesome raffle table, food, lots of items, poultry, rabbits, livestock, supplies, etc. More information as we get closer.

2. Alphagamchick

Alphagamchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    MI
    Please do keep us posted on this. I may make the drive. Do you know of any others in the area?

3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

I'm going to try and make this, especially since it practically in my backyard!

4. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Vicki, is the first year for this or have you done it before?

...and does the proceeds all go to 4H kids?

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    This is our first year and all the money goes to the small animal association, which is made up of 4-H kids. They use the money to benefit all the kids. Like last year they bought a new awning for the front of the small animal barn. This is where the poultry show is held, so it is nice to have some shade. There has been talk of new cages (poultry & rabbit) and new show table boxes (rabbit) for this year, we will see.

The Michigan Bird and Game Breeders Association also has one at the fairgrounds, but they don't do theirs until June, I believe. The 4-H kids need their animals by May 1, for our fair, so we tried to do it before the deadline, to help the kids who still needed animals.

I hope you all can make it!!

6. Alphagamchick

Alphagamchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    MI
    I have a question about the swap. I have never been to one. Do you have to take something to swap or can you just buy-what? eggs, chicks, adult birds?

7. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    No, you don't have to bring anything. You can just come to shop, if you like! There will be a $15 fee to sellers, buyers get in free. It should be lots of fun. It is sort of like a flea market, with animals and supplies. [​IMG]

8. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Vicki,
    Could you give us an address for this swap meet?
    Is it Charlotte or is it Mason?
    Thank you,
    Gayle

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    The swap meet will be held at the Eaton County Fairgrounds in Charlotte. We will be in the back where the animals are located during fair.

We already have several vendors signed up. We will have food available and a big raffle table with several raffles through out the day.

Hope to see everyone there!

10. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Sounds exciting!! Does anyone have the exact address of the fairgrounds. I need to mapquest it. Charlotte itself is about 1 1/2 hrs. Hopefully, I can make it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by