Swap meet finds. Anyone know what I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CoopCop, Aug 26, 2014.

1. CoopCop

CoopCop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2014
    Salina, KS
    This first one is of an unknown cross chick I picked up at the swap meet a couple weeks ago. I have no clue what it is, but it has a great temperament and is growing well.
    [​IMG]

This second one I was told may be a partridge rock or cross with that in it. I have two more of the same kind and one has much better developed comb that is almost a double, but does not act at all like a roo. Any help identifying what I have would be welcome.
    [​IMG]

Sorry they aren't the best pictures, but chickens will hold still right up until you pull out the camera.

2. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

1- looks like a silver lace Wyandotte
    2- looks like a partridge rock

Both look like pullets so far

3. CoopCop

Aug 19, 2014
    Salina, KS
    I hadn't thought of the silver lace Wyandotte but that does seem consistent. And the partridge rock was what I was hoping it was, but the guy said he couldn't guarantee it wasn't a cross. With the first one I also got a light Brahma which that seller said could be a cross, but as it has grown a bit I'm pretty sure it is a purebred. Also nice disposition, but a little skittish. The wyandotte looking one had been pecked on pretty good near its tail so I think both may have been a little skittish from that.

Thanks for the input on them!

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The first bird doesn't look quite like a Silver Laced Wyandotte to me. I think I see some off-color feathers on the back and more of a penciling pattern on the breast. But, it could still be one, or a SLW mix.

Your second chicken is likely a Partridge Plymouth Rock.

6. CoopCop

Aug 19, 2014
    Salina, KS
    Ok, I finally got this one to hold still for the camera. I believe it is another Partridge Rock mix but it has lighter coloring than the other two. Also has a neat comb, but acts like more of a pullet than a roo. Do you guys think it is also a partridge rock mix?[​IMG]

7. WyandotteIndeed

WyandotteIndeed Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    I agree, the first one also has a single comb it appears so I'd guess cross.
    That third lady looks like a brown leghorn cross.

8. CoopCop

Aug 19, 2014
    Salina, KS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last two now. Both are lean, skittish birds and are good at catching bugs out of the air. Seller said they were some kind of barnyard mix but didn't know for sure what was in them. Sorry the pics aren't brighter but it was evening and I took advantage of th email holding still. Any thoughts on what I have here?

9. CoopCop

Aug 19, 2014
    Salina, KS
    Bump

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Is the top bird messy/dirty or is the coloring I am seeing feathering color?
    The bottom picture, unfortunately, I can't even begin to make out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by