swap meet in SE Virginia April 12, 2008 - VA, NC folks nearby?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by mergmet, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mergmet

mergmet Chillin' With My Peeps

I can host a swap here in Sussex county, I would want committment from at least 10 others to take the time to set it up. I have plenty of acreage and places to park.

please reply or email if you are interested.

I would love to get it going 2-4 times per year. There don't seem to be any closer than a couple hours drive, and then only twice a year.

anyone interested?

M

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I'd be VERY interested. Only problem is I don't have everything set up right now and nothing to swap. If there was another later in the year I would definately come.

3. mergmet

you could come and buy, buy, buy!

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I most certainly could. We go to Wakefield a couple of times a year to get peanuts so I could pick up some peanuts and make a side trip for chickens! Now, what to do with my hubby for the day... haha

5. SweetwaterFarms

SweetwaterFarms New Egg

Jan 17, 2008
    I would be very interested in something close by that is not an auction. I am not set up to sell yet, but am working on it. I am looking to buy.

6. mergmet

aussiesharon, your hubby can talk with mine about whatever they want, mine can talk ALL day! (prefers NOT to discuss chickens!!)

sweetwater, where are you located and what are you looking to buy? I am starting out too and have limited for sale. Lets talk.

7. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    hi i don't know what kind of help i could be.. i am about a 1hour and1/2 from surry countly. in nc.

i sure hope you could get something like that going. by spring should have some chickens ready to go.

we have never been to a swap meet ..just too far away to go.

8. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    Count me in for sure!

9. mergmet

just showing up with some birds is a huge help! what color guineas do you have? we have pearl, white, and lavendar, and some dark ones I am not sure of yet

margaret

10. King Tubby

King Tubby Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2007
    Mechanicsville VA
    The Virginia Poultry Breeders Association has a swap meet twice a year at Gilmanor Farm in Montpelier, which is just north of Richmond in Hanover County. I went to the one last fall and it was pretty good sized, with at least a hundred vendors.

There is one coming up on May 3 that is a show and swap. I expect it to be even bigger than the one last fall.

Gilmanor Farm is likely the largest poultry breeder in the Richmond area. I have been thinking about getting some of his Partridge Rocks ever since I saw them at the State Fair last year. Beautiful birds.

I would also be interested in coming to Surry too. I plan on coming out that way sooner or later to get some of your Polands and maybe some other stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by