Swapped a young tom for these two yesterday

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jandlpoultry, Nov 20, 2014.

1. jandlpoultry

jandlpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2012
    I swapped a young white tom for these two turkeys yesterday. Keeping them separate but in sight, has caused a lot of noise this morning [​IMG], but it is very entertaining watching them interact through the fence.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JonathanL23

JonathanL23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2014
    Not a bad trade. Very nice Royal palm I'd like to have one some time. If I could find some.

3. jandlpoultry

Sep 15, 2012
    Thanks, but the big tom is a grey not a palm. He is around 5 years old now.

4. JonathanL23

Nov 20, 2014
    Oh ya. They kinda look similar I couldn't remember the other breed.

5. jandlpoultry

Sep 15, 2012
    You are right Royal Palms look similar, but have more white. Good luck on finding some, you shouldn't have too much trouble, they are a popular breed.

6. JonathanL23

Nov 20, 2014
    I hope I can find some. But no lie the only breed I find is the white. And the bronze I believe I look at auctions and I see a few while driving around but those are the only 2 breeds. I managed to find some reds after 3 months of looking but I have to drive 3 hrs. But it will be worth it

7. jandlpoultry

Sep 15, 2012
    The only breed I'm having trouble locating is standard Narragansett. I have 5 hens and can't find a tom for them. Last summer I could have traded a flock of 9 Light Brahma chickens for a flock of 7 breeding age Palms, and my DH talked me out of it. I was out of pen space and he wasn't ready to build any more. Good luck, they may not be common in your location.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by