Swapping Houses Anyone? LOL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 1stepcloser, Jan 9, 2010.

1. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    What do you think they odds are of finding a malcontent homesteader somewhere who would want to swap my lovely 3 bd 2.5 ba home in the city with their mobile home out w/a little bit of land? (((((sigh))))) I am actually entertaining myself by skimming through realtor.com to find the "perfect" place. LOL [​IMG]

Does that make me weird or pathetic? Nevermind. Don't answer that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. Preservation Acres

Preservation Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    lol. You're so going to hate me. On February 1st, my wife and I are closing on 25 acres in Rutherford County with a trailer on it. We're going to live in the trailer while our house is being built.

I CAN'T WAIT to leave my nice city home to move to a trailer in the country! :)

3. 1stepcloser

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    LOL!!! Hate is a poor choice of words...I am *thrilled* for you!! Now if I could just be THRILLED for me! LOL!!!!!!! Five years...that is the grand plan. Out of debt, pay off evil student loans (that I stupidly took on when I was young and knew nothing). Five short years and I am blowing this popcicle stand!! ( I say short it sounds/feels like forever. [​IMG] )

4. Preservation Acres

Preservation Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    It'll happen. And hey, if you ever want to come over and live the country life, you can clean out my coop! lol

I know, that was so bad. Apologies!

5. 1stepcloser

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    OK. Now I HATE you. [​IMG]

LOL

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Look on "forsalebyowner.com" I think . . .I am a realtor and usually don't look at those sites. Put an ad in the local paper of the area you want to live in . . .you never know!!!!! I would get an appraisal done on your city residence, just so the "trader" will know what you have to offer in exchange! Good luck!!! There might be some older folks who are ready to move to town!!!

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    They are auctioning off our 3 bedroom cabin on 20 wooded mountain acres Feb 3rd. We're taking short sale offers [​IMG] 20 minutes from Fall Creek Falls. You'll have a BYCer for a neighbor!

8. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Don't give up! I was raised a country girl and DH and I lived in the city when we first got married. But we found our first house out in the country from an older couple who were looking to move into a small place in the city. They couldn't take care of their farm anymore. That place needed a LOT of work, but it was ours. So it DOES happen. Just keep looking and saving.

9. 1stepcloser

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    Quote:Do NOT tease me like that! [​IMG] Any pictures??

10. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

At least you have chickens! When I got chickens in the city I had to get a variance for them...I need to find that picture I showed the city guy. He said, "I suppose you are going to say that they are your kids' pets?" I replied, "No, but I have pictures!" Got my variance....Terri O in WI

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by