Swedish Flower Hen Chicks - April 6-10th

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by myfivegirls, Jan 18, 2014.

1. myfivegirls

myfivegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Delhi, NY
    I'd like to add a few Swedish Flower Hen chicks to my flock, and don't have enough room in the incubator for shipped eggs.
    The closest person is over 100 miles away, so the gas to travel there to pick up chicks would be as expensive as shipping chicks.

I'm going to be incubating eggs from my flock soon,
    and I'd prefer to have the SFH chicks arrive in the mail when mine hatch (around April 6-10th).

I'm tentatively thinking of 12 chicks, so I can pick out my favorites and don't end up with all roosters.

Please send me a PM, along with this info:

Price per chick
    Min. # of chicks to ship
    Estimated shipping cost to "Delhi, NY 13753"
    Cost of box, etc, so I know the total estimate

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    We will be hatching some, as soon as the weather calms down some. You can see more details on our website at http://worthitfarms.jigsy.com

Our flock has a blue-based, non crested rooster over several different colors of hens, some crested, some not. We got them from a private breeder on RareBreedsAuction. Very smart, very hardy bunch.

3. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    Good luck.

4. tlmotzkus

tlmotzkus Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2013
    eastern pennsylvania
    I will be getting eggs in incubator as soon as my hens start laying. I have 2 non crested roosters over 6 hens -two of them are crested. my stock came from a lady that got her stock from greenfire farms

5. myfivegirls

Jan 12, 2009
    Delhi, NY

6. myfivegirls

Jan 12, 2009
    Delhi, NY
    Thanks for the info. I can't make a commitment quite yet, but it looks like shipping is my only option due to no Swedish Flower breeders in NY (besides Long Island, which is over 4 hrs away).
    My problem is that I'm only interested in about 6 chicks, and shipping day-old chicks often require 25 min order. And shipping costs are $$, in addition to the price of the chicks, especially since the Swedish Flower is still quite rare. So, I'm still in the deciding process of what to do.

7. myfivegirls

Jan 12, 2009
    Delhi, NY
    I'd like to add a few Swedish Flower Hen chicks to my flock, and don't have enough room in the incubator for shipped eggs.
    The closest person is over 100 miles away, so the gas to travel there to pick up chicks would be as expensive as shipping chicks.

I'm going to be incubating eggs from my flock within a week or less,
    and I'd prefer to have the SFH chicks arrive in the mail when mine hatch (around April 6-10th).

I'm not sure how many, but am tentatively thinking of 12 chicks, so I can pick out my favorites and don't end up with all roosters.

So, if anyone is going to hatching out SFH around the same time, and will have enough to ship some, please send me a PM, along with this info:
    Price per chick
    Min. # of chicks to ship
    Estimated shipping cost to "Delhi, NY 13753"
    Cost of box, etc, so I know the total estimate

8. ableacres

ableacres New Egg

Aug 15, 2013
    chicks due out in 18 days
    $5 each
    shipping about $50 -- need weight to 100%
    prefer to ship at one week of age
    mareks vaccinated if needed