Swedish Flower Hens

moglet

Songster
6 Years
Oct 22, 2016
UK
Can anyone tell what sex my 6 week old Swedish Flower Chicks are? I think the one with the black crest might be female but I haven't a clue!
P1020509.JPG
P1020510.JPG
P1020498.JPG

I could usually tell by the size of their comb, but I never had crested SFH so that makes it a little more difficult to tell for me.

I could usually tell by the size of their comb, but I never had crested SFH so that makes it a little more difficult to tell for me.
Yes they are really difficult to sex! for me anyway, but I have 4 boys and 2 girls!

A little young but they look to be pullets to me. I've raised Swedish Flowers for several years and my cockerels usually are obvious by 6-7 weeks.

A little young but they look to be pullets to me. I've raised Swedish Flowers for several years and my cockerels usually are obvious by 6-7 weeks.
That's interesting, I do hope they are pullets, now and again some of them spar with each other, but they don't fight. The one that is definitely a boy is on the group photo, the mostly white and grey one, I had him DNA feather tested and it came back male. but he does have slightly bigger wattles and comb than the others. Thank you for replying to me.

Sorry Gray Farms just realised the group photo isn't on this post! I thought the last photo was a cock purely because this one kept jumping at the others from day one but has seemed to calm down a bit now maybe it's a bolshy girl!

Back
Top Bottom