Sweedish Flower

Entiendo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
wondering what you all think. I'm worried I could have a boy cause if one is a boy they are related so I won't be able to keep him. :( what do you all think. My daughter says no way, both are girls...the the comb is so much larger. about 3 1/2 months

Cockerel, sorry.

Why can you not keep him if they are related? I've got siblings running around together all over the place. Hatching out chicks from half-sibling matings, even, and they're fine.

about 3 1/2 months is their age...It's the same one in the pictures..well except the picture where there are 2 birds. I wanted to be able to compare tail and possible saddle feathers.

Well I think they are full siblings, not sure, would have to ask to be sure, but this would make my 3rd rooster, as well. :( Not sure I'm up for letting siblings breed even if they were just half. I don't usually let the hens sit anyway, so he would just be another rooster. Only reason why I might keep him is cause I love the SFHs and would be able to make more if I felt like it. Hows that for an I'm so disappointed babble. :( He was my favorite of the two as well. I really didn't want a rooster, was trying to be careful cause I hate to rehome them after I've got attached and I'm always afraid of what might happen to them.

Last edited:
Oh, I can totally see the not wanting to keep another rooster as just another mouth to feed, although they are so darn pretty it's hard to get rid of them!

that's true, and this guy will be lovely! I'm not gonna do anything until I hear crowing...I still have hope.

Back
Top Bottom