Sweet Black Silkie Roo Seeks Good Home in CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NightHeronFarm, Nov 19, 2008.

1. NightHeronFarm

NightHeronFarm Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    Ridgefield, WA
    My name is Rocket (as in the spicy greens) and I live on sunny Catalina Island off the coast of Southern California. I am an 18 week old black Silkie boy and will eat treats right out of your hand. My people really wish they could keep me here but alas, they are not allowed to have roosters. I really did try to masquerade as a girl for as long as I could (gotta love this Island living!) but unfortunately my cover was blown last week.

Me = 1' tall, sleek, black, island boy.

You = 3' - 7' tall, compassionate, loving with a nice chook house. Oh yeah, and a few girls to keep me entertained sure wouldn't hurt.

If I can't entice you to pick me up on the Island I will have my people take the ferry to Long Beach and can meet you there.

Write soon,

Rocket

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Why must you live on the other side of the country? [​IMG]

3. kycowgirlchick

kycowgirlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Soo pretty. I wish you could come to my home.
    [​IMG]

4. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Will you ship to IL?

5. NightHeronFarm

May 26, 2008
    Ridgefield, WA
    Hi Ninny,

Wow, I never imagined flying further afield than my little Island, let alone Southern California!?! Are there palm trees in Illinois, are the hens prettier? As tempting as it sounds (and I am flattered by all the attention) I really must stay in SoCal where the sun is warm and the sky is blue.

However, my people do have a friend in Riverside/Corona with a Cessna who makes regular trips to and from the Island. They could always ask if a stowaway to the Inland Empire would be welcome. Perhaps I will just sneak aboard when they are not looking. "This is Silkie niner four requesting take off, do you copy?"

xoxo

-Rocket

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  6. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    will if you can make it out here you have a home!

7. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Our family is lucky enough to have inherited a bungalow on the island right on Descanso. We visit often but wont be coming back over until January or February. We live in the Inland Empire and I work in Corona. Rocket is more than welcome to come live with all my bantys, I have a buff silkie who is looking for a tall dark and handsome. Let me know if your into buff chicks!

Debbie

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  8. Roosterboy

Roosterboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    If i didn't live in the suburbs i'd get him in a second [​IMG]

9. NightHeronFarm

May 26, 2008
    Ridgefield, WA
    I am still looking for a good home! Anyone want a tall dark and handsome roo?

I am free to a good home in Southern California.

xoxo,

-Rocket

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  10. kevinkeb4

kevinkeb4 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2007
    Spencerport,N.Y.
    Hi, I have a major problem.My last silkie roo just died and I have a 10 month old black banty hen that needs a mate.The problem is I live in upstate N.Y. Can anyone help me out with a roo?I will pay for shipping.Or if anyone is within 50 miles of me,I could pick him up.Eddie just died 20 minutes ago and I dont want Maya to get lonely and depressed,therefore I cant wait till spring.
    Please anyone.....................

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by