1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sweet Buff d'Uccle roo needs a home in the SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Michelle_B007, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Michelle_B007

Michelle_B007 New Egg

Jul 13, 2008
    Belmont, CA
    Hello,
    My little guy, Aggie, who I thought at first was a buff cochin, is a buff d'Uccle, I was told on a forum at The Coop. He is super friendly and I think very handsome, and I am hoping to find him a good home. I live in Redwood City.
    Thanks so much! [​IMG] Here are some pictures I took of him today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] If only I were closer!!! He is BEEEEUTIFUL!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. ajablu

ajablu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    That bird is gorgeous! I wish I lived near you, but I am in pa. I would love a d'uccle like that. Where did you get him? I would love to get some of that breed.
    Michele

4. Michelle_B007

Michelle_B007 New Egg

Jul 13, 2008
    Belmont, CA
    Hi Michele,
    I bought him as a 3-day old chick at Farmer's Feed and Supply in Gilroy, and they had just gotten a large order of mixed bantams delivered - sorry I don't know from which hatchery. I am really pleased with how pretty he and the other hen I got there, a Mille Fleur, are growing up to be. I just can't keep roosters where I live! He is so friendly. - Michelle

5. ajablu

ajablu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    HI Michelle, I sure wish my feed store would get in some beauties like that. I hope he gets a good home.
    I would have bought him for sure if I was near you.
    Michele

6. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Hi Michelle, I can take him if you can meet me halfway, I'm in reno, NV. I'm a D'uccle fan. He'll go good with my Lavender Roo.

Is he crowing at all?

7. Michelle_B007

Michelle_B007 New Egg

Jul 13, 2008
    Belmont, CA
    Hello,
    Yes, he is crowing now, and unfortunately that is the problem - I can't keep roosters where I live. Thanks so much for the offer, but I work full time, and even 1/2 way to Reno is just too far for me. I appreciate it, though! He is so tame and friendly that I know he'll make a great pet roo for someone.
    - Michelle

8. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Ok, I understand, I wish you luck finding him a home. He is a fantastic looking Golden Neck D'uccle Roo. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by