Sweet Dog Needs Home

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
I am looking for a home for a really sweet dog. She is housebroken, spade, well behaved, gets along with children and other animals and is up to date on her shots. She is black and white and weighs about 20 pounds. She needs a home with a fenced yard. She likes to tour the neighborhood and she has zero sense about cars and traffic. She stands in the middle of the road and makes no effort to get out of the way. She is one of the most delightful dogs I have had in my life but she is going to end up a puppy pancake. I am in southwestern Missouri. I picked her up as a stray and I would really like to find someone who can love her as much as I do but who has a fenced yard. I don't. My other dog stays home.

I need to rehome her because she is going to get herself run over. She insists on touring the neighborhood and she plays chicken with oncoming traffic. I will see what I can do about pictures. She looks like she might be a chihuahua toy fox terrier cross but she isn't yappy or nervous. I don't have a fenced yard and she needs a home where there is one for her own protection.

is she leash trained? why don't you get a tie out for her?
She is leash trained. So far I haven't found a convenient place to tie her so she can't get hopelessly tangled up. Plus she doesn't want to relieve herself when she is tethered no matter how long the tie out is.

Sounds like a very nice dog!
Maybe try posting on Facebook and other places like that. Have you thought about bringing her to a shelter?
I am no longer on facebook and I have no intention of ever signing up on facebook again. I am not taking Pixie to a shelter. If I wanted her to be put down, which is the most likely thing that would happen if I took her to a shelter, I would have her euthanized myself. I am not doing that. I do have a flyer posted at the vet's and at the boarding kennel I use.

What about a dog run ? When I lived in town and rented I found my dogs would not potty on the leash. We found a used dog run on Craigslist for 100.00. It was the modular type with 4 panels and very easy to set up. It solved our potty problem and the dogs used it until we moved back out to a rural area. We will teach any future dogs to potty on a leash and have finally got our younger two to do it. My two older dogs will not potty on a leash or tie out either. The dog run was a life saver while I had to live in town. I hope you can find her a good home.

if you really want to keep her, she sounds like a sweet dog, there are ways to train that out of them, but it takes patience. My husky mix wouldn't go with anybody around. She probably had been punished as a pup for going in the house (which she still wasn't house trained at 3 yrs). She probably connected the punishment with the action of peeing, not the location. In other words, shitty training. I would have to walk her, a lot.... we moved across country, and the only way she was going to be able to go is if I was present and she was on a leash. She started out hiding behind bushes to do it. By the end of the trip, one week, of getting praised for going while I was there and she was on a leash, she got the idea that she wasn't going to be punished for going potty.

Back
Top Bottom