Sweet mystery chick

clucknpeck

Songster
7 Years
Mar 15, 2012
I got some chicks today and while most of them are sexed we got 5 free straight run for being one of the first 50 customers. We have decided two are silver laced wyondette, one is a brown leghorn, one is some sort of banty, but the last is a mystery chick. We have never seen anything like it, and the chick expert at the feed store didn't know either.
It is yellow with buff wings, and a buff head with a yellow stripe down the middle. It is round, and heavier than the rest of the chicks. It is by far the quietest and the most docile.

I will post a picture when I get one but I thought maybe it would be fun to guess by the description.
We have a guess- white laced red Cornish .
I hope it is not a game chicken. :( its my favorite one so far.

Why would you hope its not a game? Gamebirds are some of the most people friendly chickens I've ever met! I have no idea what it could be from the description you gave, but I'd love to see a picture :)

ok guys, I am currently trying to upload the photos from photo bucket... stay tuned.

Last edited:
photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

If that doesn't work I do not know what to tell you, I tried. There should at least be the link to click to see the image.
Sorry about all the editing, I followed all the byc instructions and the dang thing wouldnt work!

Last edited:
Oh and to answer you question howfunkyisurchicken, I don't want it to be a game hen because, not to be ruthless but in all honesty, will probably eat the ones that are not good layers.

For some reason I was able to make its picture my profile picture... so yes, that is the chicken.

Blazejester, I thought Cornish hens were bred for eating? I am not trying to offend, I am still learning. Cornish hens are game hens aren't they? I think maybe I am getting all mixed up...
Truth be told, even though the plan is to eat any Roos or meat birds, I doubt I will be able to do it because I am raising them all.
I am thinking sex link now too any I am very glad for that!

Back
Top Bottom