Sweet neutered dwarf mix bunny seeking home - Middle TN

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jenski, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It would appear I have inherited a hound-mix dog from a relative, and this girl loves to track rabbits! In the interest of peace and safety, I am looking for a good home for sweet Black Bun. He is a neutered dwarf mix bachelor rabbit, and is gentle and potty trained. He adores attention, and he is just a quiet, easy-going guy. He is black with a beautiful silver-white edging.

And better yet - - he comes with all sorts of bins of his bunny supplies, and I can even let you have either a circle pen or his fabulous 4-story bunny condo made from wire stacking squares. (Be aware that the bunny condo is large - - about 2.5' by 4.5', and a bit over 4' high.) He has never lived in a small cage, and I prefer he go to a home that will enable him to continue living with a reasonable amount of indoor space. While I do let him enjoy the cool mornings in an outside pen so he can munch grass, he prefers to live indoors with us.

Black Bun is a great pet for an adult or older child, and since he has a litter box his basic care really takes less than 5 minutes a day. If you are willing to commit to this kind gentleman, he and all his supplies are free for BYC members.

Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in coming out to meet Black Bun. I am located east of Nashville off I-40.

Thanks for looking!

2. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    wish I lived closer!

Hope he finds a good home.

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    If only we were closer I would take him in a heartbeat. Hope he finds a wonderful home. Good luck. [​IMG]

4. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Thanks chick4chicks and lagpmgdsls. [​IMG]

Buns are great pets, and perfect for apartment or city dwellers who prefer a quiet critter. Unlike cats, a bun will never meow all night, bat toy mice across the kitchen floor at 2 a.m., or cough up a hairball on your bed. [​IMG]

5. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Oh! Are you tugging on my heartstrings! My little house bunny died about two years ago now, and I get weak every now and then and find myself wanting another one!
    Your little guy is very cute - do you know anyone headed to New England who wants to tote a little bunny?[​IMG]

6. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    How hot is it up in VT right now? If it's under 90 I just might move the whole shebang up north - - critters and all! [​IMG]

BlackBun is the only one not panting today since he has his own AC room . . .

7. mskittydjs

mskittydjs Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2010
    Louisiana
    Did you ever find a home for Black Bun??? I had a Siamese Satin when I was in high school that was litter box trained and had the run of the house with the cats and dogs! People still think I am crazy and that I am making it up when I talk about Sugar! My kids want one so bad and we were given one last week at the fair but she lives outside and has free run in a 20x80 dug-in fenced chicken yard. Bella gets along well with all my feathered babies! My German Shepherds would never let her survive in the house unfortunately and my DH hates caged animals so this is the best I can do for her!

8. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    No, he is still here with me, relaxing in his four-story bachelor bun condo. My office used to be the "cat room," so it has a baby gate across it to keep nosy dogs out. I still have to keep a close eye on my brother's hound, though. . .

Thanks for asking! Glad your bun is enjoying her chicken companions. [​IMG]

9. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    How much is he? Where do you live?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by