1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sweet PDZ Quail Safe???

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ppurv326, May 4, 2011.

1. ppurv326

ppurv326 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    I found this bedding called Sweet PDZ, its meant for horse stalls but includes on its website that it is safe for any pet enclosure and is even safe for birds to ingest if it happens. Just wondering if any experienced quail breeders have encountered this product or had problems with it?

2. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I LOVE this stuff, I sprinkle it in the coop along with straw, shavings and some DE. So far I have never had any problems. I also use it in the waste pan below my rabbit hutches.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sweet PDZ is safe....period. It is not a bedding though, you add it to the bedding. It absorbs ammonia and it is safe if they decide to eat it.

4. ppurv326

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    So basically i put down some Sweet PDZ, then the wood shavings, then sprinkle more PDZ on top for good measure. Sounds good to me

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Yup! It's basically volcanic ash. No danger for your birds.

6. ppurv326

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    and at 25lbs for 8.99 its one of the cheapest and best things i can think of for these birds!!! BTW SUPER EXCITED TO GO HOME THIS WEEKEND AND GET THE LUMBER TO BUILD THE COOP FOR NEXT YEAR!!! WOOT [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by