1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sweet PDZ??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by khable, Jun 16, 2007.

1. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    Hi all,

I was curious if anyone has used Sweet PDZ in an outside run?

If so, how does it work outside? any problems with it getting wet? or leaving it there indefinately?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I have been using it I really like it. no problems with it getting wet. Iuse it in the coop, run and outside areas. I have also been using it in my litterboxes. The only problem is the Stateline tack shop I bought it at closed so now I can order it not sure what shipping is or stock up the next time I go to the cities:( I recommend it.

3. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    Hi, Does it just work on smells, or does it dry things up too, or kill flies?

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    It seems to work on the smells by helping dry it up. Most of the flies i see aren't on the stools they are on my plants and in my car port. The blue bottle flies. I have a fly strip in the coop and maybe 3 flies are stuck on it. So as far as keeping smells down and drying stuff up I am happy with it.

5. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    How long does anyone think a 50# bag would last for a 14X28 area?

I started using the DE for the flies, but I noticed them coming back when the straw got wet-so I am assuming the DE only works if dry? In my area a 50# bag of PDZ is $11 and change. I just didn't know if it was really worth it to spend the $ on.
    Thanks!

6. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    We use Sweet PDZ in the coop and the pen and have had very good success; we will mixed in some DE and use a spreader.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by