Sweet rooster needs a home - Southern California

1chickensbaby

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2018
He loves people and dogs. I have had the humane society called because my neighbor is intolerant of his growing that just started last week. It’s actuallt fairly quiet. I bought him thinking it was a hen. If you can or know anyone that can take him in please let me know! Thank you so much :)

Attachments

• 723F8462-CBD4-4921-B6FD-97CC516BFC4E.jpeg
    723F8462-CBD4-4921-B6FD-97CC516BFC4E.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi, sorry not the reply you need but I have the same problem (in Santa Cruz Mountains) and no-one wants to take them. I posted in my local feed supply too but nothing. Until you find someone you could try putting him in a dog kennel at night, with some bedding and covering with a blanket, black out curtain or towels etc. It worked for us for weeks and he was only crowing around 7am but then with the change of time its been a bit haphazard at 6.10, 6.30 and 6.50 which is probably OK mid week when everyone gets up for work but he did a 5.30 the other morning when it was still dark. Good luck

I am in the same boat. Someone called me to rescue a chicken and I did and it turns out he is a rooster and I am not zoned for roosters. I have tried everything and no one will take him. I don't know what I am going to do. It is only a matter of time before someone calls code enforcement on me. I wish there was a good solution for this type of problem. One person will take him, but he made it clear he would be eating him. :hit

I am at my wits end. He seems a nice rooster but he cannot stay. Good luck with yours. Here is my guy.

20181006_094106.jpg

Back
Top Bottom