Sweet rooster (truly!) for adoption in California **pics added!!**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MsPony, Dec 23, 2010.

1. MsPony

MsPony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    **mods, not sure where to post this as its not a sale, please move to right spot if in wrong spot!!**

Carry is a 6 month old black langshan rooster who sadly has to find a new home. He is illegal where I live and I do not want him destroyed or subjected to a tiny bunny hutch at HS for the rest of his life.

He is a VERY SWEET rooster, he crows in the early AM (no other time) and does his manly business, which is about it. Last I looked he didnt even have spurs, but he does not flog or show any aggression towards humans or non-chicken animals. My labrador puppy runs around with him just fine, I can sit and eat my lunch with the chickens with no problems. He WILL voice his opinion if you hold one of his ladies who makes a stink about it, but doesnt even come out of the bushes to show his face.

He does not want a bantee home, not only is he TOO large, but mine are rather feminist and he really doesnt appreciate them.

Carry is looking for loving owners and a sweet flock of hens, he does well with one or multiple, and does well with other livestock/animals. He does fine around children, so moms, this is your new roo!!

I can post pictures of this beautiful boy later.

I live in Santa Barbara, on the Central Coast, willing to drive anywhere to drop him off!! Ask any questions you have [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    You should post this in the For Sale section and just put 0.00 for the price. Also include a picture...worth a thousand words. Hope you find him a home.

3. MsPony

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure if that was appropriate since he's "adoption" [​IMG]

I ran off to work, but will get current pics tonight, he's a house rooster atm :p

4. MsPony

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
  5. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, he is so pretty! If I were closer to you I'd take him home to keep my Lady Langhans company. But Missouri is a long way away!

6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    (Bump) He is super handsome, but not a pure Langshan. I hope he finds a good home!

7. MsPony

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Thanks for the bump!! When I picked him up he looked exactly like a silver wynadotte, then went completely black with green sheen, and now silver streaking.

I have to stress how sweet he is!! He sits on the couch at night with my brother and watches Jeopardy (so he may be the smartest rooster ever too!) He really isn't fit for a bantee house, he smushed my poor bantee brahma into the mud this AM in a breeding attempt. (The hen is fine and more feministic then ever [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by