sweetest bantam?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by earthnut, Feb 6, 2008.

1. earthnut

earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
    What bantam breed is the sweetest and friendliest?

2. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    Bantam Cochions are the best in my opinion. They are very friendly and make good pets. Brahmas and wyandottes are other good choices.

3. arwmommy

arwmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    Bantam COCHINS!!! We LOVE THEM!!! They are mauled constantly by my 5 year old! We are only ordering Cochins from now on--- we have 25 babies coming next week-- whoo hoo! (we have had Brahmas, as well, and though they were nicer than other breeds, the differences between them and the Cochins was HUGE--- the Cochins really *wanted* us to hold and love them, the Brahmas *tolerated* us)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    My bantam Dominiques are very friendly.

5. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    I have a D'Uccle...very tiny, sweet bantam. I have heard Cochins are great too, but I don't have any experience. I have to say, that is the cutest little girl holding those cochins!!

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I love my little Modern Game Bantams. They are so sweet! They loved to be held and loved. Very sweet.

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I have a little Black Dutch banty hen and roo and they are the sweetest out of the whole flock ( of course they are the only bantys in the flock lol ) but my little banty hen Bonnie is also the first to want me to pick her up and give her love and the roo is real easy to handle he is very protective of him girls and has never given me any trouble.

Julie

8. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I have oegb, sebrights, japanese, wyandotte, silkies, cochins, and a few mixed and I have to say that my cochins are definitely the sweetest.

9. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    We have cochins, brahmas & silkies! all are real gentle: we were always holding them when brooding!

I have to say when boys become mature & you pick up a hen the wrong way or scare her he will react!

My younger daughter (13 year old) handles them abit rougher than I & roos have bit her!

I think it still comes down how much time you spend with them when brooding!

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Cochins and d' Uccles are both generally very docile bantams. And very pretty too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by