Sweetgrass Poults!!!!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by ColbyNTX, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I bought a dozen eggs from Kevin Porter @ Porter's Turkeys a month ago. Kevin shipped 14 eggs and 7 developed. Not bad for late season shipped eggs from IN to TX that took the USPS 4 days to get to me in 100 deg weather. Today is day 29 and I have 7 healthy poults. Here is a pic of the new babys. I hatched some chicks with them to train them to eat and drink. I was sloppy with the chicken eggs and collected some that had been in the boxes or dirt for a few days. They were dirty and warm and I only hoped a few would hatch and all but 2 did so you see BCM's, BLRW's and BBS Ameracanas in the pic. Thanks Kevin for the good eggs and packing job and the cold packs!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    OMG, they are beautiful..thanks for sharing.

3. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Please post some pics as they get older! Sweetgrass is one variety I'd love to have.

4. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Quote:Keesmom,

I will as they start to color oul. I also have some chocolate palms, blue palms, penciled palms and auburns due in 20 days! I hope I have as good of a hatch with this bunch. This is my last hatch for the year. My bator has been on nonstop from March til the next 20 days!

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I wanted sweet grass, but what was sold to me as sweet grass ended up being just whites....... very cute poults.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I had no idea!

7. Buffer

Buffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    WI
    Yes, Kevin is a great guy to deal with!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. neener92

neener92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    I got eggs from him. Two sweetgrass, two blue palm, and two mottled black...he sent three of each, but two of the sweetgrass eggs didn't develop and one blue palm. The others are developing nicely, they are due September 2!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by