1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sweetgrass Turkeys?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Birch Run Farm, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Can any of you recommend a breeder (or pipe in if you are!) for this breed? I will be looking for chicks or hatching eggs in early spring. Looking for good quality.

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

If you find anyone let me know - husband wants some. We may end up ordering from Porter's.

3. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] Was feeling sorry for myself and wanted to do something nice for someone. I did a search for you and found the following(don't know if you already have this info).Jim & Marianne Holt @ Sweetgrass Farms, they only fill by order so email or call the following [email protected] or call 208-455-4197. I also saw them called Tricolor & Yellow-shouldered Ronquiere. By the way those are very pretty turkeys.Good luck. [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Here's another site that sells them as poults, but you need a total order of 15, and there is a linit of 10 of this type.
    www.porterturkeys.com

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I can vouch for the Porter's turkeys. He has some very nice birds. I have one of his penciled palm toms. [​IMG] I plan on getting some sweetgrass from him next spring.

6. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Thanks all! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by