sweetned condensend milk

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by arabianequine, Jan 22, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I have 2 cans and want to make something sweet. What can I make with it?

2. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    homemade carmel

fudge

seven layer cookies

3. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Cheesecake dessert: 1 can condensed milk, 8 oz cream cheese, 1/3 cup lemon juice. Mix, pour into crumb crust, top with pie filling. Chill to set up. Num!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Marion, Ohio
    fold milk in with 1 container of lemon yogurt and 1 small container of cool whip, 2 tables spoons of lemon juice or one fresh squeezed lemon
    cube 1 angel food cake
    1 bag of mixed berries (unless you have fresh)
    layer the cake-layer of berries- layer of cool whip mixture.....repeat a few times.....top with meringue and toasted flacked co co nut if desired yum yum always a favorite when I bring to any pot luck

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Magic cookie bars!

6. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:I have been wanting to make carmels. Is that what you mean or just topping sauce. I need a recipe please.

I was thinking bars of some kind.....do you have the recipe for the seven layer cookies too?

@ wolftracks you too recipe please.

I think it was betty who posted some bars that looked really good. Not sure if they used scm but I think they did.

Thank you to everyone for offering ideas but I don't have all the things to make the things you all suggested right now.

7. KimberlyJ

Jun 13, 2010
    It's carmels, not sauce. The recipe is really easy. so are Seven Layer cookies. Give me a minute to go get 'em

ETA....I have a hunch the magic cookies are also seven layer cookies?

8. KimberlyJ

Jun 13, 2010
    Seven Layer Cookies
    ¼ C Margarine or Butter
    1 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
    1 (7oz) can Angel Flake Coconut
    1 (6 oz) Pkg Chocolate Chips
    1 (6 oz) Pkg Butterscotch Chips
    1 Can Sweetened Condense Milk
    1 C Pecans Chopped Fine

Melt Margarine in 9 X 12” pan. Add above ingredients in layers as listed. Bake 325* 30 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut in squares, Makes 3 dozen.

9. KimberlyJ

Jun 13, 2010
    Carmel

Line a 13 X 9 pan with foil. Butter foil or spray with Pam.

Combine in a sauce pan:
    2 Cups Karo
    2 ¼ Cups Brown Sugar
    1 Cup Eagle Brand Milk
    1 Cup Butter

Bring to a boil. Stir constantly until 240* F. Quickly pour in the prepared pan. Let set. Cut into pieces and wrap in waxed paper.

Confession time …. I don’t do any of this fancy stuff. I spray my pan really well and don’t bother with the foil. I leave it in the pan and cut off big hunks. There’s no need to cut it up and wrap it like it’s going to last. We know better! Sometimes I use the dark Karo and Dark Brown Sugar….now that’s carmelly!

Enjoy. This is truely one of my favorites!

10. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Caramel Shortbread Squares

Ingredients
    · 2/3 cup butter, softened
    · 1/4 cup white sugar
    · 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    · 1/2 cup butter
    · 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    · 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
    · 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
    · 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
    2. In a medium bowl, mix together 2/3-cup butter, white sugar, and flour until evenly crumbly. Press into a 9-inch square-baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
    3. In a 2-quart saucepan, combine 1/2-cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes. Pour over baked crust (warm or cool). Cool until it begins to firm.
    4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute, then stir and continue to heat and stir at 20-second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly to cover completely. Chill. Cut into 1-inch squares. These need to be small because they are so rich.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by