Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by arabianequine, Jan 22, 2011.
I have 2 cans and want to make something sweet. What can I make with it?
seven layer cookies
Cheesecake dessert: 1 can condensed milk, 8 oz cream cheese, 1/3 cup lemon juice. Mix, pour into crumb crust, top with pie filling. Chill to set up. Num!
fold milk in with 1 container of lemon yogurt and 1 small container of cool whip, 2 tables spoons of lemon juice or one fresh squeezed lemon
cube 1 angel food cake
1 bag of mixed berries (unless you have fresh)
layer the cake-layer of berries- layer of cool whip mixture.....repeat a few times.....top with meringue and toasted flacked co co nut if desired yum yum always a favorite when I bring to any pot luck
Magic cookie bars!
Quote:I have been wanting to make carmels. Is that what you mean or just topping sauce. I need a recipe please.
I was thinking bars of some kind.....do you have the recipe for the seven layer cookies too?
@ wolftracks you too recipe please.
I think it was betty who posted some bars that looked really good. Not sure if they used scm but I think they did.
Thank you to everyone for offering ideas but I don't have all the things to make the things you all suggested right now.
It's carmels, not sauce. The recipe is really easy. so are Seven Layer cookies. Give me a minute to go get 'em
ETA....I have a hunch the magic cookies are also seven layer cookies?
Seven Layer Cookies
¼ C Margarine or Butter
1 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 (7oz) can Angel Flake Coconut
1 (6 oz) Pkg Chocolate Chips
1 (6 oz) Pkg Butterscotch Chips
1 Can Sweetened Condense Milk
1 C Pecans Chopped Fine
Melt Margarine in 9 X 12 pan. Add above ingredients in layers as listed. Bake 325* 30 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut in squares, Makes 3 dozen.
Line a 13 X 9 pan with foil. Butter foil or spray with Pam.
Combine in a sauce pan:
2 Cups Karo
2 ¼ Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup Eagle Brand Milk
1 Cup Butter
Bring to a boil. Stir constantly until 240* F. Quickly pour in the prepared pan. Let set. Cut into pieces and wrap in waxed paper.
. I dont do any of this fancy stuff. I spray my pan really well and dont bother with the foil. I leave it in the pan and cut off big hunks. Theres no need to cut it up and wrap it like its going to last. We know better! Sometimes I use the dark Karo and Dark Brown Sugar
.now thats carmelly!
Enjoy. This is truely one of my favorites!
Caramel Shortbread Squares
· 2/3 cup butter, softened
· 1/4 cup white sugar
· 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/2 cup butter
· 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
· 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
· 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together 2/3-cup butter, white sugar, and flour until evenly crumbly. Press into a 9-inch square-baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. In a 2-quart saucepan, combine 1/2-cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes. Pour over baked crust (warm or cool). Cool until it begins to firm.
4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute, then stir and continue to heat and stir at 20-second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly to cover completely. Chill. Cut into 1-inch squares. These need to be small because they are so rich.