Sweetpea is totally confused....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stormylady, Jun 7, 2011.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I know for a fact she is a speckled sussex! She is under the delusion that she is either a human or puppy!? not sure which! Heres why, Sweetpea has been a trial ever since I got her at a day old, shes always been different! When I go into a room and shut the door the dogs whine and she screams! if I head for the kitchen she beats me to the refridgerator! If I grab a can of dog food ( I treat them (dogs) with canned dog food everyday) go sit down and open the can, there she is standing in line with the dogs waiting for "her" bite! I put her in the big coop and she stands at the gate and screams until I let her out with me in the yard where she and I sit in "our" chair. Meanwhile, her 4 sisters are perfectly happy milling around in the coop doing there own thing, When I call the dogs in, I get all the dogs and 1 chicken! So I have pretty much decided that she can be a house chicken, but she will sleep in the dog crate at night, she has decided she is a house something? and will sleep on my lap if I put her in the crate she screams but if i let her on my lap she coos a little while and then go fast to sleep? If I try and put her in the crate while she is asleep she wakes up and the racket starts up again. I raise toy poodles, and I know that there are shih-poos, cocka-poos, chi-poos,multipoos, the list goes on and on! But this is the 1st and only CHICKIE-POO Ive ever known.

GOD knows I love her, how could I not! LOL, But Gee Whiz! At some point she has to realize being a chicken can be a good thing! Think Im going to have to start in with the tough love and hope the neighbors can handle her fits out in the coop! LOL

2. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    She sounds fun! Speckeld sussex are amazingly friendly little things. I have two chicks now, and one of them is SO BOLD!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by