Swine flu pandemic - fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Granolamom, May 4, 2009.

1. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Here's a great, well researched article about the latest hype in this country! Thought I'd share it with all of you, whoever's interested. When you get to the site, just type "swine flu" into the search field.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/current.aspx

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They said this morning that all cases in the US of people not FROM Mexico have symptoms milder than the regular seasonal flu.

3. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    From what I have heard (on basic news shows, just catch bits and pieces) it does not sound that serious. When I first heard about it, there were 50 some cases in the US, 1 being hospitalized. Did not (and still does not) sound like the end of the world to me. I also heard that most of the cases that were being counted in Mexico (including deaths) had not even been confirmed to be swine flu.

I am going to have to read that article.

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    It's funny, the media never publishes how many die from regular flu shots every year - thousands. Makes you wonder.

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:I don't think that one can die from the flu shot itself (unless severely allergic to eggs). But the flu itself, I'll buy it.

6. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

And yet, WHO is talking right now about raising the level to six, the highest pandemic level. I don't think WHO cares much for what the media say except that they are stressing as strongly as they can that even at level six they are not predicting the end of the world.

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Last night on the news it said that 36000 Americans die from flu annually. BTW most of the hospitalized US cases of swine flu are people from Mexico that crossed the border to use US hospitals.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:I don't think that one can die from the flu shot itself (unless severely allergic to eggs). But the flu itself, I'll buy it.

Sorry...must be out of the loop on the human side of it...what does being severely allergic to eggs have to do with the flu shot?

9. sesa

sesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Thurmont, Md
    Don't breathe on me [​IMG]

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    All is well, other than concerns over the H1N1 flu - some schools in southern NM have closed, so the New Mexico Activities Association has suspended all activities. That means we won't see Aaron jump the high jump in the state tournament this Friday after all! Yeah, we'll just have to play it by ear for the rest of their sports activities in May - not sure how all that will turn out.

I have a SIL in NM. She sent me an email this morning. This is a part of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by