Swine flu website, Am. government updates

It's reached Canada, mild cases, fortunately

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...0426/swine_flu_090426/20090426?hub=TopStories

"Canadian cases of swine flu have now been found on both ends of the country, with publicly confirmed cases in Nova Scotia and others in British Columbia.

In Nova Scotia health officials say four confirmed cases of swine flu have been identified within the province.

Dr. Robert Strang, the province's chief public health officer, said the Nova Scotia cases are considered "mild cases" of the flu and the affected persons are now recovering.

"We now have four confirmed cases in the Windsor area," Strang said at a news conference on Sunday afternoon.

Strang stressed that the Canadians who have fallen ill with swine flu have, so far, only very mild symptoms.

"The swine flu that we're seeing outside of Mexico is very mild," he said.

Pat Dunn, the minister of health and protection, said he has "the utmost confidence" in the local health professionals' ability to handle the situation as it develops.

Strang said local health authorities are working with the Public Health Agency of Canada and related agencies across Canada, to monitor the swine flu issue.

In B.C., sources say a pair of swine flu cases have been found, though it is not yet known if they have a connection to Mexico.

A spokesperson for federal Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq would not confirm this information to The Canadian Press.
"

This might be a wakeup call to our elected officials to do their duty and SECURE OUR BORDERS. Who knows what other diseases and contraband and terrorists are infiltrating our nation with their tacit approval?

But---politics takes precedence over the health and well-being of their constituents, so I guess it's business as usual at the border.

Everyone please take precautions,use every means necessary to avoid contracting this,and be alert for any possible situation which could pose a threat to your health,even if it's the slightest cough. If we all do our part maybe we can lessen the impact that this will impose.

and please do not shrug this off, it's very real and already in many of our backyards.

Keep safe-
Mark

Quote:
JHM47, I don't know where you are, but I saw a part of the news and Obama was saying that it would do no good to secure our borders at this point because it's already here and you can't put it back in the box or something. I wasn't completely paying attention as I can't stand him, but that ticked me off. Let's keep exposing ourselves by bringing more of it in. Well, I don't want to get into a political debate or anything, but that's how our "wise" politicians feel.
BTW one definition of politician is: a schemer who tries to gain advantage in an organization in sly or underhanded ways

Quote:
Just be aware these reports come in from people who have been tested and confirmed, there are many more out there who may have it,that just don't bother going in to be checked.

Do bare in mind that this is very minimal. Considering the amount of people in the world we are talking about 50-55 people in total that has been confirmed with it. That is nothing and it is treatable. This should be the least of our worries!

Back
Top Bottom