Swinging Chciken.....Really! Too Funny

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Aug 27, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, Well we decided to build a playground for our girls a week or so ago and I built all kinds of roosts, ramps, etc... so, I had a piece of a cypress tree left over and some chain, a few eye hooks, etc. Decided to build them a swing....not really thinking any of them would like the movement. Ha, they love it. Have caught several of them on it, and yes it seems they like the rocking movement. The one below was actually moving her head back and forth I guess to get the swing to move. Crazy.
    Hope all in the path of Irene fair well...at least it has lost some intensity. Prayers are with you all. We've been there. (Louisiana Gulf Coast Native) good luck to all.
    Erik
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    What a cool idea. They look like happy chickens.

3. Chicken Chickita

Chicken Chickita Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Middleboro, MA
    I love it!! I want to convince my DH to build our girls a playground. It's fantastic!!

(And just in case, ours can avoid Irene by coming into the house. The coop is strong, but just in case, and it will be less scary indoors.)

4. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    WOW way cute!! My project for the weekend is to enlarge my run and add fun things, i think a swing will be one of them
    Ayda

5. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    egg-stemly funny [​IMG]

6. Chicken Chickita

Chicken Chickita Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Middleboro, MA
    I just looked at your coop and run on your BYC page. It's really pretty amazing!! What lucky chickens you have.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's great!

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by