1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Swingset coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by farmerChef, Dec 31, 2010.

1. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I plan on turning this old swing set into a coop and run. I was wondering if anyone had pics of a swingset coop that i look at for ideas. Basing my desing on a a-frame chicken tractor. Any tips or tricks was be apperciated.

Does anyone have pics of coops that have been recycled from things like old sheds, truck campers, etc.

dont have a pic of the before anymore, but you get the idea when you see the new pics

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Good idea, I have saw a couple on here in this section. You would have to go way back to find them though. Maybe the folks that built them will answer your post. Good luck with it.

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

4. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a good idea

5. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Finally got around to making the swingset coop. Was going to use it as a breeder pen, but its now a grow out pen for chicks. It will probly turn into a rooster pen until they're dinner, apparently i'm very good at hatching roos [​IMG] I used lots of zipties, swing has metal frame.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    close up of PVC door, with ziptie hinges [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by