Swollen beak?

justsidney

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
My one pullet (3 1/2 months has some swelling right where her nostrels are. I touched the area and she didn't seem bothered, it doesn't appear to hurt. Do you think she could have pecked a wasp or been bitten by a bug? Or could it be someting worse?
Thanks!
P.S.
I still haven't figured out the picture thing, but it looks like a mosquito bite, but on her beak!

It is directly on the nostrils, like if I could draw a circle around this little mesquito bite sized swelling, the nose holes would be in the center. Nothing else seems to be wrong with her, no swelling anywhere else, eating and acting normally. So strange, don't you think?

Truthfully I thought that the beak was like a toenail or a spur and was made of stuff that couldn't swell. If you have a Photobucket acct. just check the box under the pic you want to post. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and check the box that says "generate img and hotmail codes" A new page will pop up and give you several choices and you can use the one that says "images for message boards" Do a copy of the text in the box and then come back and copy it into your post. Doesn't take as long to do as to explain, I promise.

Back
Top Bottom