Swollen Breast

chuckp7860

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 12, 2011
I have recently noticed a couple chickens with what looks like a large build up of fluid in the breast area. You can feel it and it moves and reacts like a large pocket of fluid similar to water. I think the one or two that show this are hens but I can not be sure I have never seen this in Roosters. I had one a couple years back that showed this and eventually died but failed to find out what it was and no one around me knew of anything that causes it or have seen it in any of their chickens. Anyone ever seen this or might have some ideas of what might cause this?

I had the same thing happen to one of my roosters that's 12 weeks old. Did anyone ever respond or did you find out what causes this?

No that's the right side, this was BOTH sides and he was VERY soft to the touch. He couldn't walk as his breasts were so full of fluid. Unfortunately we culled him as I had too many roos anyway and it made it an easier choice. None of my hens or other roos have had this occur. Still trying to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom