Swollen earlobe, crusty eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by puIIets, Feb 26, 2017.

1. puIIets

puIIets Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    My three year old bantam Cochin got a week or so ago two crusty eyes. I've been rinsing them with salt water and one is normal, but the other isn't. Now on the eye that isn't normal her earlobe is swollen and hard. It looks like there's a scab on top, though as she had some feathers there it's hard to tell. No other chicken has this. She's outside with the others most of the time (though in the beginning she was often in the coop) and she still complains loudly and struggles if I grab her and she's still eating and drinking, but she's much more lethargic and slower. Her breathing also has been sounding congested, and when I took a closer took at her today her beak has this yellow crusty pus I think on the edges. I've washed her eyes, earlobe and cleaned her beak with the salt water and put polysporin on her earlobe, but I'm not sure what to do next or if that's even going to be effective

2. puIIets

Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    Btw I've got her separated from the rest of the flock. Photos: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. puIIets

Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    Doing this on my phone so I can't submit all st once [​IMG]

4. puIIets

Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    You can see some of the crusty stuff on the last pic at the very corner of her beak (think of like the corner of your mouth) like right at the end ther

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by