Swollen Earlobe! What do i do??

Talented Celery

Hatching
Apr 25, 2021
one of my hens has a single swollen earlobe. The lower half is turning dark in color and it's hard to the touch. It doesnt feel hot. No discharge from eyes or nose. No change in activity level. Feathers seem mussy but theyve been that way for weeks. I've separated and isolated her. Please advise. TIA
20210425_121410.jpg

Look for any ticks on her or around the coop. They can bite and it could be bruised from the anticoagulant ticks inject. But it could also be from a peck or injury. Check her ear for any drainage or gunk as well.

Look for any ticks on her or around the coop. They can bite and it could be bruised from the anticoagulant ticks inject. But it could also be from a peck or injury. Check her ear for any drainage or
I searched for ticks. None. This morning her earlobe and wattle are hot to the touch. Still no discharge from sinuses. Any more ideas?

That doesn’t seem like an ear infection, but trauma injury might be the reason. Is she eating and drinking, and active? If so, I would just keep an eye on her. If there is any grey color to the wattle or comb, and she seems sick, I would do some research on fowl cholera.

Back
Top Bottom