Swollen eye over a month now...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by plantguy90, Sep 20, 2010.

1. plantguy90

plantguy90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Moorpark, CA
    Well, there's the chronology... 1st, a pulled dropped dead quick, then another developed this swollen eye, and she died under quarrantine. Then my oldest BSL got the swollen eye, and I got Tylan-50 and that seemed to help, except the eye never got better. I tried the Lysol thing since someone here suggested that it could be eye worm, did that for about 2 days, then the guy who sold me the hen said to put terramycin powder into the eye, that was bad news... the eye burned a bit and i switched to terramycin opthalmic, which is what i am trying now. I also got VetRx and putting a couple of drops on her nose now, but I am not putting camphor straight into the eye... can anyone please tell me what's going on? the eye is not getting better, and I dont think she has that much more time, she is losing her appetite and fight...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. plantguy90

plantguy90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Moorpark, CA
    no one out there is going to take a stab at this? this must have happened to someone out there before...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by