baileeb

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2020
Hello. my barred rock 12 week old hen has had a swollen eye for two weeks now. originally i thought it was a bug bite but that should’ve suppressed by now. Has anyone had a similar issue? What should I give her? Should I take her to the vet? It is just on her one eye. TIA.
F9D4861B-5D52-4D2D-B418-337CF5719BD7.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BF89A3F-83C0-48E9-857A-9C234DFB9A3D.jpeg
    2BF89A3F-83C0-48E9-857A-9C234DFB9A3D.jpeg
    628.9 KB · Views: 0
That can be a sign of a respiratory disease, especially if you also see bubbles or foam, or sticky eye drainage that crusts the eye. MG or mycoplasma gallisepticum is one that causes that. A peck to the eye or sting could cause just the swelling.

That can be a sign of a respiratory disease, especially if you also see bubbles or foam, or sticky eye drainage that crusts the eye. MG or mycoplasma gallisepticum is one that causes that. A peck to the eye or sting could cause just the swelling.

if it were a respiratory infection, how would you treat it? I heard of people using vet rx?

Vet Rx is an herbal remedy, but it has no antibiotics. If you see bubbles or foam in the eye, I would use some Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store, and try to get Tylosin online for pigeons.

Back
Top Bottom