Swollen eye

Brandibirk

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
My polish hen has a swollen lump under her eye causing the eye to close! She is eating fine, not laying age yet and doesn’t seem to have any other issues. Any ideas?? Picture is posted. Thanks for any advise you might have!!

Attachments

• 14FCAE0C-D36A-4D2F-A94D-5F745EAAFB96.jpeg
    14FCAE0C-D36A-4D2F-A94D-5F745EAAFB96.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 4

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
Does the area around her nostril appear normal and does it look like the right side? Swollen eyes can be a symptom of a respiratory disease such as MG or coryza, or can be feom a peck wound, or from getting a foreign body in the eye that causing inflammation. I would clean the eye twice a day with saline or water, and apply a dab of Terramycin eye ointment . If thatbis not availalble, use plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Are there any other symptoms such as sneeze or cough, gasping, nasal drainage, or crackles/wheezes during breathing?

Brandibirk

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
Does the area around her nostril appear normal and does it look like the right side? Swollen eyes can be a symptom of a respiratory disease such as MG or coryza, or can be feom a peck wound, or from getting a foreign body in the eye that causing inflammation. I would clean the eye twice a day with saline or water, and apply a dab of Terramycin eye ointment . If thatbis not availalble, use plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Are there any other symptoms such as sneeze or cough, gasping, nasal drainage, or crackles/wheezes during breathing?
Everything about her seems normal, except for that eye! I’ve started treating with terramycin, hoping to see improvement soon!! Ty!!

Top Bottom