Swollen eye

Marilynburrola91

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2021
This is my problem hen Lana. She has had for over a week a swollen ankle/foot. She has had no signs of bumble foot. I gave her two rounds of antibiotics my friend gave me for infection and it has not cleared up. It hasn’t gotten larger either. She walks fine and runs, eats, drinks and is her normal self. She doesn’t seem to be in pain from it. I looked at her legs and don’t see mites. Fast forward to today, I come out and see her left eye is swollen! It was not swollen this morning. I see no discharge from her eyes or nostrils. She has been acting normal and I see no peck wound. I have about 18 other chickens with her and they free range. She seems to see out of it and hasn’t acted like it’s been bothering her. I have no idea what to give her. I’ve read so many different things to do. Advice please!
FF637684-7A17-49A7-B008-E8FEC7730FA5.jpeg
402EFEA3-B2DD-46A8-9EA9-2F89452F4C74.jpeg
FF637684-7A17-49A7-B008-E8FEC7730FA5.jpeg
47E9402F-AD38-4CFD-B989-109010C7D224.jpeg
402EFEA3-B2DD-46A8-9EA9-2F89452F4C74.jpeg
7A143B07-3E1B-4631-8B3B-4195FE1E758D.jpeg

Is it just the one foot swollen or both?

Do you see anything in her eye?
General care for eyes is to flush with saline, remove any pus/debris and apply an ointment in the eye.

What does the bottom of the foot look like?
What antibiotics did you use?

Not sure what to make of it. Could be something like Mycoplasma, but I would expect both feet to be swelling.

I gave her two rounds of antibiotics my friend gave me for infection and it has not cleared up.

Fast forward to today, I come out and see her left eye is swollen!

Is it just the one foot swollen or both?

Do you see anything in her eye?
General care for eyes is to flush with saline, remove any pus/debris and apply an ointment in the eye.

What does the bottom of the foot look like?
What antibiotics did you use?

Not sure what to make of it. Could be something like Mycoplasma, but I would expect both feet to be swelling.
It’s just one foot. I have soaked it to see if it was bumble foot but there have been no signs of bumble foot. The bottom of her feet looks like a normal chicken foot.

So, her eye is still swollen as of this morning. I didn’t see anything in her eye last night or this morning. She acts completely normal. I have flushed her eye and have applied ointment this morning. This is just so bizarre for her to act like a normal chicken and have these issues.

Back
Top Bottom