Swollen Face, Troubled Breathing, Nasal Discharge is spreading thru my flock. Help!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Justino, May 27, 2016.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    a few days ago we noticed one of our 6 hens having a hard time breathing, not acting herself, and making a sound that made me think she had something in her throat. So we gave them antibiotics in the water hoping that'd help. Didn't help much, and now 3 have the illness. Two have swollen spots on their face and wattles with some fluid in it. I am very concerned that I'm gonna lose my flock to this, it's making me sick to my stomache I feel so helpless...I got Vet Rx from Amazon that a friend recommended to try out. Just gave them all it to see what happens. Just feel so bad to see this spreading to all of them, we raise them as pets mostly so it's not like we want to just cull them :(
    Any advice?

2. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Well the medicine seems to be working slowly but surely on two of the three birds.

3. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Update: After a week of antibiotics in the water and the Vet RX Medicine being applied daily, everyone is a lot better.
    Would recommend that Vet RX Medicine to anyone with that issue!

4. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Great, now it's coming back...my roosters face is all swollen again...I leave for a week in 3 days, this is not good :( ! WHAT IS THIS? WHY DO THEY KEEP GETTING SICK???? Does anyone have any ideas???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by