Swollen foot in chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mattsiewrt94, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    If you look real close his left foot is swollen it's been like that for a while since he was a chick and the man I got him from didn't care for any of the chicks and I know people say bumble foot but he doesn't limp or anything like that acts just fine I am gonna check under his foot still since I literally just found out about bumble foot ima gonna check them all isn't there a solution I can keep his feet in if it's that ?? But anyway his tails cricked to so I didn't know if he just had some minor deformations because really the place I got him from was bad but now he looks good as ever, but that one foot be like that for a long time just lemme know what it could be what to do help me out anyway you can lol thank you

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    X 2. Notice in the second link that Flockwatcher left, that there is swelling on top of the foot between toes in the first picture. I can't tell much from your picture, but in that link, that is what to look for.

1 person likes this.
  4. Haltey

Haltey Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    British Columbia, Canada
    It could be scaly leg mites......just put some vaseline on them....but first make sure it is scaly leg mites...Google it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by