Swollen legs, feet and sometimes face

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Roseann2348, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Roseann2348

Roseann2348 New Egg

Nov 11, 2013
    I have a hen that is 5 months old and for two months now I have been dealing with swollen areas. It started with a swollen eye, and one side of her face was swollen. She was put on Baytril for two weeks and during the last week on it she developed a large lump under her beak, and her nasal passage seems clogged. I took her back and she was still using the Baytril , Tobramycin for her nasal passage and eye. Then we injected Naxcel once a day for two weeks. She cleared up from most of the symptoms and then her face would swell again. After all symptoms left her face her leg and foot swelled and was hot to the touch. Next day the warmth was almost gone but her foot still was swollen and had sores on it. The sore opened and drained and a sore would pop up somewhere else on her leg or foot. Both feet are larger than my other hens and have no open sore right now. I know this is not bumblefoot because the bottoms of her feet are fine. She eats,drinks and appears to be happy other than living in the garage for two months away from the rest of the flock. Vet says we have to swab her mouth to see whats really wrong.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  3. Roseann2348

Roseann2348 New Egg

Nov 11, 2013
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by