Swollen, weeping eyes, drooping and no energy - HELP-see pictures

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kevalmiller, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Kevalmiller

Kevalmiller Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    PA
    [​IMG]

My flock has been acting a bit sneezy, shaking their heads but no bubbly eyes or anything more alarming. I've been treating with natural treatments so far but was going to treat with Tylan tonight if they didn't clear up. Then I saw this little guy. He looks terrible. He has no energy, his eyes and nose are watery and has yellow pus and most troubling is the massive swelling around his eye. I've never seen anything like it with other respiratory problems we've had. Could this be more serious than a simple respiratory illness and could it possibly spread to my whole flock?

Any insight would be extremely helpful. We have Liquamycin, Tylan, Aureomycin and Corid if any of those would help in treatment. Anything else will need to wait until tomorrow to purchase. Sorry if these pictures are hard to look at!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Looks like a Respiratory issue and there are multiple types. I would treat with the Tylan ASAP.

3. Kevalmiller

Kevalmiller Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    PA
    Thanks for the reply. I've gotten some advice from Peter Brown from First State Vet Supply and I am treating the main flock with Aureomycin and the really sick one with Tylan. REALLY hoping it's not infectious coryza!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by