symptoms of tapeworm??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kyrose, Oct 24, 2009.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    do the tapeworms come out in their poo?do they eat alot of extra food?are they tired? etc.
    thanks

2. CynthiaMQ

CynthiaMQ Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2010
    Grindrod, B.C.
    No answers, too bad, as I have a question too about this, I have a picture, smiling, have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3. st16795

st16795 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Bump.

I need to know too..

4. Justwaaaa

Justwaaaa New Egg

May 19, 2017
    I currently have a chicken that I've discovered has tapeworm. I'm familiar with the disgusting wigglers after having had a cat and dogs with them in previous years. Tapeworms are segmented and very long, but when they're excreted with the poo, they're usually in very small, rice-like pieces that you'll see wiggling just a tiny bit. The treatment I've chosen (and is arriving later today) is Zimecterin Gold, which is made for horses, but I've read through many posts of those who have used it for their chickens. Dose is a bb-sized bit of the paste on a piece of bread, fed to the chicken. Here's a picture of Ginny's poo. I should have taken the picture right away, before the worm segments began to die, but you can still see them... tiny white blobs.

Attached Files:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by