T-Cell lymphoma

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sjeane, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Sjeane

Sjeane Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    Just wanted to get this out there. i have been fighting t-cell lymphoma for 2 years with dr. appointments/chemo pills/creams/ointments/even sun bathing. and it is getting better! I have had it (undiagnosed) since i was 17, but the spots on my legs never bothered me so i never seen a dermatologist. my mom convinced me to get some biopsies done year before last and it was a really big scare at first because the dermatologist i was seeing was new to the field and had never heard of 'Mycosis fungoides" and handed me print outs of what she had "found on the internet". big confidence booster right? lmao. but anyway my last dr. appointment just took place and my body coverage has went from 17% down to less than 9% and now i only have to go back to MD anderson in houston every 6 months!
    [​IMG]
    this is what it looks like as progressive, right leg, currently all of those red bloches have gone. Super excited and just wanted to share with you folks. with this type of cancer i will always have to take chemo pills for it, but so far those chemo pills are working. and if it is just taking a few pills a day that keeps it gone i am more than happy to take them!

2. maranfarmer563

maranfarmer563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    Glad its getting better,good luck with your continued journey. I have good health and try not to take it for granted.

3. Sjeane

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    For sure! thanks.

4. maranfarmer563

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    So what type game do you have

5. Sjeane

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    type game? i got a Kelso roo. sadly the oeg in my profile is no longer with us :( fox got him and all but 2 of my first flock i had.

6. maranfarmer563

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    Fox are a pain,,hawks are my problem.

7. Sjeane

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    i have been lucky so far with hawks, or even eagles here on the sabine river. i got an owl trap, out in my pen with (tall post with some feathers and a steel trap) but none caught yet, but since i put up my electric fence around my pen i havent had any issues at all.

8. maranfarmer563

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    I have OE std game bb red if you want eggs in the spring

9. Sjeane

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    That would be cool. really looking to up my fowl projects, and trying to get breeding pairs going for pure or close to pure offspring.

10. maranfarmer563

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    I also have law greys,and pumpkins

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by