1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Taaadaaaa!!! Ureaka Finally I Found The Culprit Now Wut ??????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by redstarray, Jun 7, 2011.

1. redstarray

redstarray Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    ok thanks all to ur answers to my many ???? about y my chickens who are almost completly featherless on there butts and backs. well yesterday i finished fencing off the yard so i could let them out of there pen since ive done all ive read and been advised to do for mites and feather pecking increasing protien etc
    well today i let them in there new yard and watched them more threwout the day and i found the culprits there is one doing the dance with the ladies and pecking there necks while on top but it doesent crow so culprit#1 maybe sexualy confused lol then there are three more who are agreesivly pecking the rest of the flock so 3 out of 4 are seperated ???? is wut do i do with them????

if i give them away wont they continue with other chickens they come in contact with??
    and i dont have a seprate place for them the cage there in now is temperary any suggestions???

2. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    Freezer camp comes to mind for me but I understand if that is not for you. If I didn't want to send them to camp and didn't have the room to keep them. Then I would find them a new home.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by