Tabby driving me potty

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PaulaSB12, Apr 11, 2011.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Queenie wasn't her normal grump over the weekend. She didnt want to be cuddled and had to look for her son to beat him up. So off to the vet we went. She has an infectect bit on the base of her tail, so the vet cleared the fur in that area and gave her a pain killer and an antibiotic. She has now made the wound bigger and I am spending my time saying Queenie leave your tail alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Cats [​IMG]

Maybe it's time for the cone of shame?

Imp

3. PaulaSB12

Dec 6, 2010
    Quote:She gets those off straight away I have tried it before!!!!!!!!!! She got out of the box of shame walked over to the dog and bit her nose, then thumped her son and started licking her tail. Maybe the vet will put something on her tail when she goes back to the vet in the morning. I have never taken a cat to the vet as much as with this one.

1st visit she had 3 teeth taken out came back completly forgetting who the other two cats where, that took 3 years to integrate her back in with them
    2nd visit I found a lump on her chest, the vet thought it was a mammery tumour so took out one chain and found it was a cyst
    3rd visit cat bite on tail. It had to be either Socks or Tippy as she doesn't go out. She really wants to but outdoors scares her so this june

http://www.aviaries4u.co.uk/catteries.htm

are going to build us a 10ft by 10ft covered cat run so she can go outside but still feel safe.

4. Imp

Nice catteries.
    Yeah cats are pretty clever getting the cones off.
    Just got back from the vet with my Bug. Polyp in the right ear, bloody stinky mess. Going back in tomorrow for surgery. And a nasty bacterial ear infection. It's gonna be a fun 10 days, trying to get anti-biotics in her ear 4 times a day. Lol!

[​IMG]

5. PaulaSB12

Dec 6, 2010
    [​IMG]

This young lady went to the vet for a second visit. Two more injections and 4 days of crushable tablets Clavaseptin 50mg tablets. I am going to crush them into some steak mince because she will eat raw meat the other two are wimpy and won't eat it. If I put it on the top of the cat scratching post the dog wont get it but she will eat them. Can't give them whole as she had a canine taken out and is murder to gvie tablets to. She is feeling happier and more relaxed today, sleeping a lot then demanding cuddles.

6. Imp

If it's ever necessary you can try finding a compounding pharmacist in your area. They can make the pills into a chicken flavored liquid, and give you the correct dosage. So much easier than pills for cats. I won't even consider pills anymore.

Imp

Good luck with Queenie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by