Table Food!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kyleharry16, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Kyleharry16

Kyleharry16 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    I was woundering if feeding a chicken table food would mess with its egg laying and if so what would be the best food for my future 35 Gold Sex Link chickens to eat.
    (Have papers and stuff to sell to a rest. in the next year and the rest. takes a lot of eggs but will only pay $1.25 a dozen) Any help in this is much apreciated [​IMG]
    Thanks-
    Kyle

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    You can feed a chicken table scraps, as long as it isn't too salty, fatty, sweet, or covered in sauce. [​IMG] You don't need to give them table sraps as a feed, as they need a balanced diet. They should have layer feed at your feed store, so you can either get layer crumbles or pellets(pellets are larger). It's your decision what you get. Good luck and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I have not used my garbage disposal in years, not even sure it still works. Everything from the kitchen goes to the chickens but bones. The only thing I've found they won't eat are uncooked veggies like carrots, cauliflower etc.

4. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Mine love mac-n-cheese [​IMG].. I don't give them scraps alot, but they do get some dinner leftovers from time to time!! My grandmother use to dump EVERYTHING from dinner in a bucket and it was for the chickens..lol (I don't reccomend doing that though) [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  5. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Quote:hehe every bird on this property turns it's nose up at carrots like they were EVIL. Cut up, grated, cooked, raw, whatever. My cockatiels wont touch them and my chickens wonder why I'm still putting this awful orange stuff out like it's a treat or something.

But yeah, my garbage disposal is very under-used these days too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by